Monday 23 April 2012

Monday 23rd April 2012 - St George's Day

I regard myself  as a bit of a Patriot but I have to admit I celebrated St Georges Day by accident. I'd been to have another look at the Ring Ouzel at Baxterley but on the way back through the village I noticed a notice (which had achieved its purpose as I'd noticed it) informing me that the local pub The Rose was having a Beer Festival to mark St Georges Day. Well if they'd gone to all that trouble it would be rude not to pop in for a swift half. They certainly had an impressive array of beers, mostly from small independant breweries. The one which caught my eye was Abduction from the Dancing Duck brewery in Derby.
Meanwhile back to the birding; in addition to the Ring Ouzel I'd also seen my first Merlin and first Cuckoo of the year. Further cause for celebration dont you think?
Ring Ouzel, Baxterley
Ring Ouzel
Ring Ouzel
Ring Ouzel



No comments:

Post a Comment