Thursday 10 February 2011

BTO Survey

Thursday 10th February 2011
No sign of any Bewick's with the Mute Swans around Bodymoor Heath yesterday but did see a small flock of Golden plover the other side of the Belfry Golf course, and there were also 12 Common Snipe in front of the hide at Coton

Its my last chance to collect data for the area I'm covering for the BTO Atlas so I spent the day checking 3 of the four Tetrads I'm doing around where I live. I have to say its not the most exciting area for birdlife. Most of the time I spent counting Woodpigeons and Rooks. Still big flocks of Fieldfare in the area and I did see a couple of Yellowhammers where I hadnt seen them before. Apart from that the most 'interesting' experience was finding a sheep tangled in wire under a hedge in a very distressed state, I managed to get to a farm where the old fella was able to phone the owner of the sheep who said he'd come out straight away. So that was my good deed for the day taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment