Wednesday 27 January 2016

Tale of the lost Pork pie

Wednesday 27th January 2016

It's that time of the year for looking for a new angle on an old theme. At least that's my excuse for being a little flippant with my daily birding report. Actually the story of the missing Pork pie is downright silly.
 I often pop in to Morrisons on my way back from Draycote and/or Brandon Marsh for a coffee and to stock up on Kippers. Yesterday I managed to leave my waterproof decorating a chair in the Cafe but worse than that my proposed lunch, an individual hand crafted Pork pie was in one of the pockets. It was only when I got home that I realised the error of my ways. I phoned Morrisons and spoke to a rather nice lady called Michelle who went off immediately in search of the pie.After a short wait she returned with the news I'd been hoping for. The pie was safe still in the pocket of my coat. What a relief.
Clearly an earlyish visit to Morrisons next morning was the order of the day followed by a visit to Brandon Marsh where I saw my first returning Oystercatcher of the year.

Siskin, Brandon Marsh

Siskin
Also had some close views of Siskin before moving on to Draycote Water. I was keen to see the 'regulars' I'd missed the previous day and fortunately it wasn't too long before they were in the bag and I was back to the car for lunch - Pork pie.

'Surfin' Smew, Draycote Water

Smew

Scaup

No comments:

Post a Comment