Monday 27 March 2017

Garganey the highlight

Monday 27th March 2017

After a birdingless weekend it was good to get out and about again. First stop was the Mancetter Hill which produced a site first in the form of a Grey Partridge and then on to Shustoke where I spent some time scanning through the seemingly hundreds of  fly catching Black headed Gulls looking for a Little Gull. (One was found later in the day apparently). Coton was quiet as was Kingsbury Water Park (What are they doing to that place). Looks more like Pype Hayes, B'ham than a country Park.
Moving on to Middleton Lakes I scanned Fisher's Mill. As the Garganey hadn't been reported to my knowledge and the fact that a previous visit had been fruitless I wasn't hopeful. So I was delighted to see the pair at quite close quarters. Alas no camera but always great to see. I also got a flight view of a Cetti's warbler at Fishers Mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment