Friday 12 May 2017

Never seen that before !

Friday 12th May 2017

Not the sort of thing you expect in Warwickshire. I'm sure it does happen, particularly on breeding colonies on the coast but I cant recall seeing Common terns 'bombing' a couple of Hobbies. Not just dropping their droppings but actually aiming them. No hits were seen but plenty of near misses. The birds in question were at Mill pool, Alvecote.

The Target, Hobby, Alvecote

Pair of Hobbies

Shelduck with well disciplined brood

Little Gull, Middleton lakes RSPB

So far, May has been largely unspectacular for me, missing most of the wader species passing through, but with all the regular breeding Warblers showing well, I can't complain. Also a good spring for Raptors with Red Kite, Marsh Harrier, Osprey and Hobby all seen at localish sites.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bob I have just started a blog for birders in the Stratford on Avon area ,the link is philtaylor24.blogspot.com photos and more detail will be added when I get a cable to link camera to iPad
    Many thanks Phil

    ReplyDelete