Thursday 19 April 2018

The flow of migrants increases

Thursday19th April 2018

Having been held back by a cold, wet early April the arrival rate of Migrant birds is picking up. Having said that there are still a great many species I have yet to see. Probably due to inertia on my part rather than any natural phenomena, and rather than try to remember those birds I have seen and the dates I saw them on just list a few of the more memorable sightings. The walk up the Quarry Lane hill has been unproductive until this morning when I finally saw my first Wheatear.
A trip to Brandon Marsh N.R. was good for the lingering Osprey while at Draycote there was an Arctic tern, and a couple of Common Tern while at Alvecote there were 2 Common Sandpiper and a Redstart.

Wheatear, Mancetter

Wheatear

Great white Egret

Osprey, Brandon Marsh N.R. (Don't worry the snaps get worse)

Redstart, Alvecote ( told you)

No comments:

Post a Comment