Wednesday 2 May 2018

A few sites in N.Warks

Tuesday 1st May 2018

Started the day with the short walk 'up the hill' at Mancetter but saw nothing of particular interest. Made a rare visit to  Middleton Lakes RSPB today, stopping off at Coton pool on the way where I picked up my first Garden warbler of the year. I hadn't been to Middleton for some time and thought there was a good chance of seeing 'Gropper' there. In fact it was very quiet warbler wise but I was treated to a wonderful Aerial display by 2 Hobbies as they chased down a tiring Swift.I didnt see the outcome but I didnt rate the chances of the Swift to survive for too long. Popped in to Shustoke Res. but apart from a single Common Sandpiper there was little else. After a coffee and sandwich stop at Atherstone it was on to Caldecote. A few yellow wags were seen distantly and several Buzzards were following the plough, but again nothing of any note.

Buzzard, Caldecote

Avocet, Middleton Lakes RSPB

No comments:

Post a Comment