Monday 26 September 2011

A short Stint at Middleton Lakes

Little Stint, Middleton Lakes, Staffs.
Little Stint

Little Stint

Little Stint

Little Stint

Monday 26th Sept. 2011

Having dipped the Long toed Stint at Weir reservoir in Sussex it was back to the local scene with a walk round Middleton Lakes today. Beautiful day with a few waders on the 'new reedbed pool' Maybe 10 Ringed plover, 3 Dunlin and a couple of Little Stints. Having carried my camera round the 'wetland' circuit I took a couple of shots of the waders knowing that the birds we too far away for any reasonable images but what the hell. Anyway after a quick look at Coton and Shustoke and adding only Little Egret,Wigeon and Pochard to the day list it was back home for a much needed cup of Tea. Knowing the insatiable appetite of my Blog followers for news, views and quality snaps I checked out the days images. The odd Fungi, a small Heath Butterfly, something flying by which might have been a Sparrowhawk and loads of shots of a Little Stint with olive green legs. Hum! I pondered. What if ? Better safe than sorry I contacted a few friends, with descriptions, concensus was Little Stint.

No comments:

Post a Comment