Sunday 27 July 2014

Pacific Golden Plover - Middleton Lakes RSPB

26th July 2014
I was planning on another quiet day as my car was playing up and wouldn't be sorted till Tuesday. News that Geoff Williams had found an interesting Golden Plover at the Jubilee Wetlands, the central area of Middleton Lakes RSPB aroused some interest and I even checked my records to find although I'd seen Pacific and American GPs in the Greater Midlands region I hadnt seen either in the West Mids.  I also needed shaking out of my mid-summer lethargy. So it was worth risking the car as long as I kept the speed down. I decided to take the Telescope rather than the Camera. This turned out to be a mistake as the bird was showing well at a reasonable distance, well enough for my typical 'blog shots' anyway, and the heat haze wasnt as bad as I'd anticipated. It was good to see so many familiar faces at 'the twitch' enjoying good views of a rarely seen bird.
An appreciative Gallery
Apologies for the youngsters in the front
Pacific Golden Plover, Middleton Lakes RSPB
Pacific Golden Plover
Pacific Golden Plover
Pacific Golden Plover

No comments:

Post a Comment