Monday 12 January 2015

Siberian Chiffchaff, Hams Hall

Sunday 12th January 2015
Visited Hams hall distribution Park. The bushes,trees and undergrowth near the Edison Road bridge and between the Sewage out fall and the river usually usually host a number of wintering warblers at this time of the year. I was very lucky, when I reached the site, a number of birders were watching a Siberian Chiffchaff which was 'showing well' near the outflow channel. I didn't hear it call but I was assured that it had been calling and was definitely the Sibe. So lucky on two counts, turning up at the right time and having the bird IDed on call. The Sibe Chiffchaff continued to show well, often feeding low down under a Bramble patch but I didnt have the 'right' camera so was unable to get a very worthwhile image. OK, so that's never bothered you before I hear you say, so here we are:

Siberian Chiffchaff, Hams Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment