Tuesday 28 June 2016

Local walks

27th, 28th June 2016

Yesterday had a stroll round Caldecote Hall pretty much same old but highlights were family party of Mistle thrush, 3 pairs of Yellow wagtails plus 2 juveniles, juvenile and adult Linnets several Common Whitethroats good numbers of House Martins outnumbering Swallows and a single Sand Martin.
Near the Anchor pub was a number of Bee Orchids, but that was about it for excitment. During the week a couple of visits to Bentley Woods had been also pretty birdless.
So with a song in my heart and a Spring in my step I set off optimistically to walk the River Anker circuit between  Woodford Lane and Mancetter. Millions of Damsel flies but little in the way of visible birdlife. I did hear a couple of Lesser Whitethroats but that was it I'm afaid. Can't even fall back on the nest boxes in the garden with no takers for the nest boxes this year. Too many Magpies. Role on the Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment