Tuesday 20 September 2016

Visits to Draycote Water and Alvecote pools

Monday 19th September 2016

A grey day and a grey bird. It was a gloomy day with steady drizzle. Ideal for Draycote Water I thought. Trouble was the vis wasn't much good. I set off towards Rainbow.Not many people about which was good but not many birds either which wasnt so good. I returned to the cafe for a cuppa and then walked the dams toward Toft. The first bird of note was a Yellow wagtail amongst the Pied wagtails. At the elbow was another surprise the Knot which had been around for a couple of days but I had no idea it was still there At the end of the dam wall were a few more waders 3 Dunlin and 8 or so Ringed plovers.
Yellow wagtail, Draycote Water

Knot

Knot

Dunlin

Tuesday 20th September 2016

A walk up the hill at Manctter was fruitless birdwise although there seemed to be more Chiffchaffs and Robins about than usual. At Alvecote there were 2 Great white Egrets, quite mobile but showing well, as I wandered on a Black tailed Godwit flew in. I lost it in the  sun as it flew overhead quite high but then was amazed that it had landed in the middle of Teal pool. It was joined by both Little and one of the Great white Egrets. I counted 7 Snipe also.

Great white Egret, Alvecote

Great white Egret

Great white Egret

Great white Egret

Black tailed Godwit

Black tailed Godwit

Black tailed Godwit and Great white Egret

1 comment:

  1. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete