Sunday 16th October 2016
Over the past two weeks I've been very fortunate to see some great birds. The strong Easterly winds have brought a bonanza of rare and eagerly awaited species to Britain. The reactions of the birding fraternity has been as interesting as the birds. Below is a record of observations over the past fortnight in order:
1. A broad grin Brown Shrike - Shetland
2. Gasp of disbelief Lanceolated warbler Shetland
3. Firm handshake Siberian Accentor Easington
4. Pat on the back Yellow browed Warbler Warwickshire
5. High five- 1 hand Siberian Thrush Shetland
6. High five- 2 hands " "
7. High five- 2 hands with jump " "
8. A hug undisclosed