Monday 20 June 2011

Back to the Tame

Monday 20th June 2011
I'm still suffering from car lag or post twitch fatigue syndrome, but I dragged myself round Middleton lakes, Coton and Shustoke this morning. The Safari hats were out in force at Fishers Mill but numbers decreased as I headed North. A number of Gulls, mainly Lesser black backs were loafing on Fishers Mill, north but there were also 3 Yellow legged Gulls. Two adults and what I took to be a second summer, sub adult anyway. The only other sighting of note was a flock of C30 Sand Martins heading South. At Coton the Mute Swan count was 113 birds visible from the hide and at Shustoke there were 4 Common Tern.
PS. Apologies for the lack of stunning photos from the Scottish expedition. It would have been nice to get some shots of the area and the Scoter flock which, as I said is very impressive, but the main aim was just to pick out and ID the four Scoter species present.

No comments:

Post a Comment