Tuesday 1 December 2015

Birds and Pies.

1st December 2015

After a couple of non birding days I took myself off to Brandon Marsh and Draycote Water. There had been reports of good Otter sightings earlier at Brandon but I saw little of interest while I was there. Can I rephrase that? Of course all birds are interesting to some extent and it was good to see Stonechat, Water Rail and the flock of C200 Lapwing but nothing of particular interest. I moved on to Draycote Water, I walked clockwise and soon found the first of the 2 Great northern Divers around Rainbow corner. A Scaup was near the bank just past the inlet but I failed to identify either of the two Pintail reported in the area. Tree Sparrows around the feeding stations had increased in since my last visit but difficult to give an exact number with other species in the now sizeable flock.

Great northern Diver, Draycote Water

Scaup

Scaup

My day was complete when, as is my custom I pulled into Morrison's in Coventry for some light refreshments on the way home. I picked up my usual sandwich and a Coffee and prepared to pay when I was asked 'Are you an OAP ?' yeees I replied, only just but definitely yes. Then said the lady on the till 'for one day only you can have the coffee and a Mince pie, which she produced from under the counter, on us. Now wasn't that nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment