Tuesday 7 February 2017

Another day at Kingsbury/Middleton Lakes

Tuesday 7th February 2017

A no camera day today. Didn't need it really although a Kingfisher did pose for me along the canal at Kingsbury. It was one of two I saw today. Lovely day to be out and about and I tried to make the most of it, after checking Coton I went to the Water Park which, with so much work going on, looks more and more like a City Park. I continued along the canal to Middleton lakes. Very few birds anywhere. Yesterday at least there was a large flock of Golden plover and a Ringed plover, today no sign.  So I trudged back dragging my Wellies through the mud. Highlight of the day was probably my first Butterfly of the year, a Peacock at Coton.

Yesterday's Ringed Plover, at Middleton Lakes RSPB

No comments:

Post a Comment