Friday 31 August 2012

Oh woh, and thrice Woh

Friday 31st August 2012
I was having such a good day at Cannock Chase, the skies were blue the sun was up, there was nothing more for me to do 'cept watch birds but its raining, raining in my heart. Another 60s classic, I think. Anyway all was going well. I'd managed to find the Whinchat and there was a good supporting cast of chase birds: Stonechat, Hobby, Sparrowhawk, Raven x3, Whitethroat and Willow warbler great even got a few images of the Whinchat and then the message. ' Adult Roseate tern at the Water Park, Kingsbury. Theres me 40 minutes away from my car. Oh woh, thrice woh !! I tried, at least I tried but in the end failed by a few minutes. Well done to all the lads who did make it I didnt need it for my County list but its a dam good bird for Warks.

Whinchat, Cannock Chase, Staffs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment