Wednesday 14 November 2012

White rumped Sandpiper at RSPB Middleton lakes

Wednesday 14th November 2012
The north pit of the RSPB reserve at Middleton Lakes has been partially drained to allow work to be done on the ajoining pit. It has created  suberb wader habitat which has attracted 3 Redshanks and a White rumped Sandpiper at the moment. Although distant the bird fed, flew, preened and even swam while I was there and I'm indebted to those friends who allowed me the use of their telescopes. Which were a good deal more use than my camera.
White rumped Sandpiper, Drayton Bassett,Staffs.
Early Birders
Local resident wondering what was going on, went largely unnoticed

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,
    Thanks for posting these pictures - it proves to my wife that I really am a sad birder, I tried to convince her that it doesn't count as a twitch if it's on your regular patch!
    It was good to meet you after regularly looking at your blog.
    Regards
    Steve Atkinson (Nuneaton)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way Bob, I've noticed that according to Tame Valley Birding blog, later in the day the W-R Sandpiper flew into Warwickshire airspace! A first for the county?
    Regards
    Steve Atkinson

    ReplyDelete