Sunday 14 September 2014

Ruff at Shustoke Res.

Saturday 13th September 2014
A day of mixed fortunes, the birding day began at Mill pool, Alvecote which was almost a disaster from the start, when, with eyes to the skies I fell down a Rabbit hole and landed in a cow pat. Luckily the pat was largely dry and although the trusty camera went flying there was no great harm done. Not much in the way of birds a total of 7 Little Egrets and a Hobby were about it.
Little Egrets, Alvecote pools
There's always one
A message from Dave H, about a very confiding Ruff at Shustoke Res. had me heading for Shustoke although I wasnt confident about the bird still being there on a sunny Saturday. The number of dogs about would surely flush the bird but I went anyway. I shouldn't have worried. I met Dave, The bird was still there and showing down to a few feet.
Ruff, Shustoke Res.
Ruff
Ruff
Ruff
Ruff
Ruff

No comments:

Post a Comment