Wednesday 20 October 2010

Katie and the missing tit.

Kestrel, Draycote Water
Meadow pipit

Wednesday 20th October 2010

A quick look at Cliff pool, Kingsbury W.P. yesterday produced a Green Sandpiper, 5 Little Egrets, 2 Kingfishers and wet feet. Today I managed to keep my feet dry at least but saw very little bird wise. I started at Napton Res. the sun was out and so were the birders, no doubt excited by my stunning action shots of the Beared tit or maybe the poor prospects of seeing a decent Warwickshire bird anywhwere else. Anyway we were all disappointed as the fresh northerly breeze kept the bird down, if indeed it was still there. Warwickshire's finest were on parade and speculation and general gossip was rife. Its amazing what you can find out about this and that on a sunny day with a couple of hours to kill. In the end Terry and Mo and Me (cue song) went for refreshments at the local Garden centre. I settled for a coffee as I'd recently purchased a brace of meat pasties at the give away price of £1.50 from a stall on Nuneaton's Wednesday market. Anyway Terry and Mo went for the very dignified Tea a la creme Napton style. After more revelations about the seedy underworld of Warwickshire birding we went our separate ways: Terry and Mo to check out Napton on the hill and me to trudge round Draycote Water.

Nothing much had changed at Draycote since Monday. I enjoyed the walk, carefully checking the various groups of Tufted duck as I went but no sign of the Lesser Scaup. Counted 3 Goldeneye and that was it apart from a female Kestrel called Katie which demanded to be photographed.

2 comments:

  1. I am relieved the BT didn't turn up after I went Bob.I had a look at DW as well but found it very quiet and damn cold so like the wimp I am I scurried off home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Max, I had a very quiet day too, not much to blog about at all.Sorry I didn't really get to speak to you.

    ReplyDelete