Tuesday 16 August 2011

Blessing in Disguise

Wednesday 17th August 2011
I managed to sprain my ankle at Middleton lakes on Monday. After connecting with the Wood Sand and a sleepy Greenshank I managed to hobble to Cliff pool, Kingsbury, where there was a rather more active Greenshank, Hobby and Little Egret. Tuesday was a write off with the ankle playing up so its was a quiet sort of day. Blessing in disguise really cos I spent the day sorting out my BTO Atlas data. Also learnt of a pair of Barn Owls fledging 4 young just over half a mile from my house. Only other local observations have been the odd Swift still over the house. Today (Wednesday) I did manage to check out Caldecote meadow and Alvecote pools. The most notable birds were a pair of juvenile Greenshank on Teal pool, a Little Egret and a few adult Common Tern.

No comments:

Post a Comment