Saturday 14 July 2012

'What a Grey Day'

Friday 13th July 2012
Back to Grey skies and showers in the Tame valley today. Trying to make Common Terns and wet Whitethroats look good in this weather is far beyond my photographic skills. After looking in at Shustoke it was on to Coton where I had a bit of a surprise entering the hide. A Willow warbler. How long it had been there and how it got in with the door closed and all the widows shut is a mystery but it flew off quite happily when I opened a window or two. And that was about as exciting as it got. Two Hobbies were seen at Cliff pool but I gave up trying to count Gadwall. As the afternoon moved on I began to think more about breaking my beer fast as is the custom on Thursday evening and less about discovering the fantasy Mega on the next pool, field, hedge, whatever.

The Coot's Story - a sad end
A happier scene at Brandon Marsh
Common Tern, Shustoke Res.
Willow warbler, Coton hide. Note primary tips completely destroyed on one wing.
Common Whitethroat

No comments:

Post a Comment