Thursday 26 September 2013

Express Relief

26th September 2013
Did the extended walk around the patch today. Suddenly feeling a bit self conscious about my profile so I did it twice, and just to check I hadnt missed any thing the first time. So now I can enjoy my pint of Goats Milk tonight in the sure and certain knowledge the calories consumed will have been used up on my little trek. Anyway birds, not a lot to be truthful. A Raven, 1 Swallow, 30+ Goldfinch, 6 Common Buzzard on the ground in a potato field, including one largely white individual. Small groups of Linnets and a few Skylarks heard on the ground but not seen, 2 Green Woodpeckers and 3 Mistle thrushes. I thought I might have seen a Little Owl but it turned out to be a tailless Kestrel, the lack of tail gave the bird a very broad winged appearance. At least thats my excuse.
 Now as often happens at some point I felt the call of nature. Miles from habitation that shouldn't present any problem. I checked there was no-one following me. No, all clear. I looked at the path ahead across a deserted field, nothing, I could proceed. Which I did, only for my relief to be rudely interrupted my the 08.25 out of Euston hammering past a few yards away.

No comments:

Post a Comment