Friday 14 October 2011

Back to the Patch and beyond

Wheatear (this bird was photographed the previous week on the Shetlands but you get the idea)
Wednesday 12th October 2011

I extended my usual walk around Caldecote Hall, feeling the need for some exercise and in the hope there might be a few migrants around. The fields were now bare but there seemed to be plenty of birds around with maybe 30 Skylarks, with fewer Meadow pipits Linnets and Reed Buntings.The highlight though were 3 Wheatears showing well next to the track.


RockPipit
Thursday 13th October
I was slow to react to a call from Kevin Grewcock about the Grey Phalarope at Daventry. Had it been in Warwickshire I might have got my backside in gear a bit quicker. Anyway by the time I got there it was fairly distant and got even more distant as the morning wore on. Nice bird though and there were flocks of Redwings going through and Golden Plover trying to make up there minds whether to land or not. I moved on to Draycote Water to catch up with the Rock Pipits but didnt see much else apart from the odd Dunlin

No comments:

Post a Comment