Monday 17 October 2011

Left overs

Curlew, Pool of Virkie
Olive backed Pipit, Baltasound
Search for the American Buff-bellied Pipit, Quendale
American Buff-bellied Pipit
Eider, Grutness

Local Brew

Porpoise, Quendale Bay

Long tailed Ducks, Grutness Bay

Black Guillemot

Guillemot

Sea Urchin

View from the digs

Common Seal

Monday 17th October 2011

A final few images from the Shetland Isles trip and a comment on another dip this Autumn. I knew it wouldn't be there or even if it was I wouldnt see it for one reason or another. No I knew from the start there was no chance of adding Rufous tailed Robin to my list. Why did I go then when the whole episode had dip written all over it ? Its a birding thing, we'll leave it at that. Anyway taking the positives, it was great to be back in Norfolk on such a glorious day, but are there always so many birdwatchers about? After leaving Wareham Green John Terry and I moved on to Holme NOA where it was good to see so many familiar faces. The West Mids was well represented. We can dip as well as any of them. I did get good, albeit brief views of the main attraction, a Red flanked Bluetail. Amazing really, considering the bird was very mobile and the large number a people on site. The only other highlight was a roosting Tawny Owl.

PS Respect to the Welsh Rugby team in the World Cup !

No comments:

Post a Comment