Sunday 16 October 2011

Spoonbill at Draycote Water

Spoonbill, Draycote Water

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

14th October 2011

News from the Scillies, 'There is a Spoonbill at Draycote' an unusual way to find out about a local scarcity but the phone call from John Judge was none the less welcome. Unfortunately I was involved in that most delightful activity choosing tiles for the kitchen. Pretty high up in my list of things I dont want to spend my life doing. Anyway I got away eventually and with confirmation from Kevin Grewcock and Dennis Woodward that it was still there I headed off. It was another glorious day when I arrived and the paparazzi were there to greet me. Having already filled their boots it was a little frustrating that the bird was out of sight but it wasnt too long before the juvenile Spoonbill came into full view and I was clicking away with the best of them.

1 comment: