Tuesday 21 October 2014

Just looking

Monday 20th October 2014
Went out for a bit of Patch bashing in the morning. Only Reed Buntings, Stock doves, flocks of Goldfinches and a few House Sparrows were seen on the outward stretch of the route but the inward leg was far more rewarding with a pair of Stonechats on the rough ground along the river and a Kingfisher near the cottages. In the afternoon I went to Earlswood lakes on the off chance the Yellow browed warbler, seen there earlier, might be relocated. If there was any relocating to be done though it would have to be done by me. I did try though, walking round as much of both Engine pool and Windmill pool as I could. A good walk but that was about it. I saw one small flock of mixed tits (can I say that?) but it was a needle in a haystack job. I'd have done better looking round Shustoke reservoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment