Saturday 24 April 2010

Abbreviated Ablusions

Ring Ouzel, Seeswood pool near Nuneaton

Ring Ouzel

Ring Ouzel

Friday 23rd April 2010

I like getting info about local birds, it gives a focus to the day. I dont mind getting out early either, provided I'm prepared. Dashing out at short notice often results in things being left undone or not completed like flies and breakfast. So when I got a massage from Dave Hutton via TP that he had found a Ring Ouzel at Seeswood pool just up the road, I left in unseemly haste. The bird, probably a first summer male showed well on the pastures next to the pool but also flew out of sight to adjacent fields when the local Mistle Thrushes got too close. Steve Cawthray and Lee Johnson arrived and managed to see the bird before it became more elusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment