Wednesday 22 September 2010

Influx of Black Terns in the Midlands

Black tern, Mill pool, Alvecote

Black tern

Black tern

Wednesday 22nd Sept. 2010

Disaster I've lost the thing a me jig off me camera. Its the dial off the programme selector knob whats gawn. Could mean the end of blogging as we know it. A blog without photos is like ..... I'll get back to you on that one. I havent a clue what camera settings I'm on, so I'm struggling. Even resorted to looking in the manual. Fat lot of good that did but I'll give it another go when I can keep my eyes open.
Had a go at photographing the Black terns at Mill pool this evening but struggled. Still it was nice to see a good flock feeding over the water. I counted 31 birds just before 6.00pm and there have been sizable counts on other Midlands reservoirs.
No of species reported in Warks. so far this year = 190

No comments:

Post a Comment