Monday 14 March 2011

Yellow legged Gull, Kingsbury Water Park

Nr Adult Yellow legged Gull, Kingsbury Water Park

Yellow legged Gull

Yellow legged Gull

Yellow legged Gull

Yellow legged Gull

Oystercatcher, one of a large number currently in the Tame valley

Monday 14th March 2011

Another beautiful day to be out in the Warwickshire countryside. The day began well with c25 Golden plovers flying over the A5 as I approached Atherstone heading out for a days birding in the North of the County. A look at a few sites on route produced very little except the odd flock of Fieldfare with several Stock doves and Common Buzzards. No signs of any more migrants but as I approached the outer limits of the Tame valley the sightings of birders increased dramatically with several notables and the odd rarity( odd in the numerical sense). Tales of Chiffchaffs abounded but I have to say they elluded me all day. In fact I had very little to show for the days efforts. After a pleasant coffee in the sun at the courtyard,Middleton I decided to check out the larger pools at the Southern end of Kingsbury Water Park. Steve Cawthray had mentioned earlier he'd had a Yellow legged Gull on Body moor Heath Water, but I was more interested in looking for Hirundines. No Hirundines, but the near adult Yellow legged Gull provided some excellent opportunities for photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment