Thursday 1 January 2009

Thursday 1st January

Happy New Year

After a successful end to 2008( I won a power drill at a new years party in Cubbington) and a great breakfast at my sister in laws - Margaret and Pete's place in Lillington, it was time to think about Birding in 2009. Draycote was nearly on the way home so it was there that 2009 started. A brisk jomp to the inlet and a scan out from Draycote bank soon located a Red throated Diver, which was a relief as the mist threatened to roll in.Several Goosander were also seen. I left Jan at this point to continue her circumnavigation of the Res. while I returned to Farnborough bank to find John Judge and the Hall boys willing the Red necked Grebe to come in closer to the bank. A drake Smew, Shag and Great Northern Diver were also logged. It was a great start to what I hope will be an epic year for birds in Warwickshire and for Warwickshire birders.

No comments:

Post a Comment