Thursday 9 April 2009

Mediterranean Gull at Kingsbury








Thursday 9th April 2009

Just off for a pint of Fallen Angel details to follow..... I do enjoy my couple of pints on a Thursday evening. Trouble is I cant remember what the hell I got up to yesterday now - come to think of it I'm struggling to remember what I did this morning. I basically did a bit of a tour of a few Tame valley sites yesterday but it was all a bit samey I did get some nice views of a Tame valley Cetti's warbler and I heard my first Whitethroat but didnt see it. At Cliff pool Kingsbury I managed to connect with the Mediterranean Gull (138) that had been seen the previous evening. It wasnt difficult to spot as it strutted about on the horseshoe island displaying to Black headed Gulls. It dominated the central part of the island. A single Common tern came in but didn't stay long and two Little ringed Plover did some island hopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment