Tuesday 3 January 2012

Targets

Pint No 1 -The Warwickshire Brewing Co.Market Tavern, Atherstone

Every year at this time I set my self targets, usually related to Birding - a Warwickshire year list, a West Mids year list, a self found list, that sort of thing. I've never been one for New year's resolutions and I have health and safety issues with home improvement projects like decorating. Ladders and paint brushes dont mix. Leave it to the professionals I say, or just leave it. Anyway to get out of the January doldrums I've set myself 2 challenges. How long they will last is anybodies guess but I'm setting off with good intentions. Challenge 1 - as already mentioned the aim is to sample a beer from each brewery in Warwickshire during January. Challenge 2 is to see as many species as possible in the West Mids during the year (hence the enthusiasm for visiting Staffordshire). Actually its Worcestershire I have problems with. The last time I did a West Mids list in the year 199? I can remember wasting a day at the back of beyond searching for a reported Little Bunting in a crop field which either turned into a Chaffinch or developed Birder phobia.


So I'm a little wary of chasing everything and anything. I love watching the more unusual species that turn up in the Midlands so I think I'll be quite selective and see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. "Challenge 1" looks like fun, how many breweries are there ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13 micro breweries at the moment but they seem to be springing up all the time.

    ReplyDelete