Sunday 1 February 2009

Congratulations !


1st February 2009


Just failed in my quest to see all the regular resident species in Warks during January: I missed out on Lesser spotted Woodpecker and Corn Bunting. Actually I didnt realise it was a quest until a couple of days before the end of the month! Had a quietish few days in a birding sense over the weekend as Jan and I were entertaining some long time friends from Oh-Ahhrr land. We did however, have a stroll round around Draycote where all 4 Great northern Divers were in close proximty just off Draycote bank. I managed to get a photograph of 3 of them on my mobile phone. Also had a Shag on the pontoons.

Finally congrats. to Steve Haynes on an outstanding effort to see as many bird species as possible in January. At the time of going to press Im not sure how many species he ended up with but its probably a world record. Anyway a jolly good show from a local lad!

No comments:

Post a Comment