Saturday 28 February 2009

Cannock Chase




Friday 27th February 2009
My second venture into Staffs. in a week was rather disappointing. Entirely my own fault, I didn't do it justice - arriving late in the day and not giving it enough time. I did see 11 Common Crossbill at some distance near the Camp and another quite close, but failed with the Woodlark and Waxwings. The Hawfinch at Brocton Coppice also proved elusive. The only other birds of note were Great spotted, and Green Woodpecker, a single Raven was also seen..The day ended well though with a thoroughly entertaining Rugby international on the box. Everything that makes Rugby such a great Sport was in it. I enjoy a good Soccer match but the intensity and total commitment of this game beat anything I've seen on a Soccer pitch for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment