Sunday 3 January 2010

Common Sandpiper

Common Sandpiper - One of two along the River Tame at Hams Hall

Common Sandpiper

Sunday 3rd January 2010

First stop was the recycling centre at Grendon in an attempt to try and clear a bit of the accumulated rubbish from the loft; assorted rolls of wallpaper, ex plastic Xmas trees, a large bag of female shoes and a variety of cuddly toys. I realised I was chucking out a good deal of what the car boot enthusiasts might call stock but I really cant waste my time argueing about whether a slightly soiled Darth Vader is worth 50p or 75p. To me it was rubbish, but I did make sure the shoes were placed in the appropriate container and so may be some use to someone. So with domestic duties complete, time for a bit of birding. The nearest site being Alvecote I had a mouch around and was delighted to find a Jack Snipe as well as a number of Common Snipe and a Stonechat. Birchmoor was a bit of a wasteland with all the whole area covered with Winter Wheat, the only birds seen c 60 Golden Plover, a Great spotted Woodpecker and a Song Thrush. I moved on to Hams Hall and was rewarded with 2 Common Sandpipers along the river, a single Chiffchaff, a few Bullfinch and a Green Woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment